1.01.2012


AN EXTREMELY INTERESTING START TO 2012 …

I didn't go out for New Years Eve last night because (A) I was feeling a little tired and a lot lazy and (B) I had to work at 7 this morning - so staying out until after midnight sounded less than appealing. 

WELL, here's where the story gets interesting! This morning, I went out to my car and started it up. (I always park it on the street outside my house.) Then, like a true Minnesotan, I stared at the windshield and wished I didn't have to get out and scrape the ice off. 

That's when I realized this awful, awful smell. Bad smells aren't out of the ordinary in my car but this made me think my brother had put some bad food in my car as a practical joke. So, I look around the front seats and the floor, nothing. Turn to the back seat. See a guy asleep in my back seat. Get out of the car. Walk back into the house. Walk into my parents room. 
"Mom... mom?"
"Yeaaaah?"
"Uhm. There's a drunk guy passed out in my car."

LONG STORY SHORT - the kid was really embarrassed and very apologetic and started walking away up my hill. I passed him as I left for work (finally) and offered him a ride home. He's actually a fairly decent guy.  At one point I said - "No offense but I do plan on telling everyone this story." He was OK with that.

Things to include ;;
- No, I do not lock my car doors at night. Yes, I will from now on.
- The smell was a mixture of really nasty bar-food-breath and the cheapest liquor you can find.
- No, I didn't scream.
- Yes, I told everyone at work what happened between fits of laughter. 

No comments: